Thursday, March 31, 2022

Snapshot Winter 2022

Favorite New Product:  Along with the whole planet, I have been playing Wordle (as well as one on an app). You can do all the previous ones too! 

Life Hack: I have been starting my Monday with a weekly organizer and brain dump. I use this one from Routines and Things. It helps me look at the whole week, dump the random out of my brain onto paper. It is great for an overview and then priority setting.  


Last Book I Finished: Counterfeit Gods by Timothy Keller

I have never read a book by Keller that I didn't like! He talks through the things we set up as gods in our lives: money, love, power, security, success and more. Using historical writers to set up the things our culture values and sets up as idols, he uses Biblical examples like Abraham, Naamam, Jonah and Nebuchanezzar  to help dismantle these idols, acknowledging that idols must be replaced by God himself. One idea I had not heard before was the concept of deep vs surface idols (sometimes the surface idol of money hides the deeper idol of control for example). Highly recommend.



Life Project: Still working on my Master's of Education in Instructional Design at Western Governor's University At the end of my first term (6 months), I have finished 10 of the 13 classes. I just have 2 more classes and the capstone left! 


What we are eating today: Chickpea Curry in a Hurry from the Anti-Inflammatory Diet Cookbook by Madeline Given

Related Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment