Friday, December 17, 2021

Snapshot Fall 2021


 

Favorite New Product:  Pura D'Or Apple Cider Vinegar Thin2Thick Clarifying & Detoxing Shampoo & Conditioner I switched to this in January for my scalp health since it has been getting drier as I get older. When I had my hair cut months later, the stylist asked, "What have you been DOING with your hair? It looks amazing!"  My scalp is healthier, I go longer between hair cuts and I have more good hair days (and y'all, I have curly hair....sometimes it has a mind of its own).  As a side note, I have a wheat allergy and this year is the first time it occurred to me that the wheat additives in shampoo/conditioner could impact me topically.  




Life Hack: The Pomodoro Technique is a method of time blocking where you focus on one task for 25-30 minutes, then break for 2-5 minutes. I can set my time tracking app Toggl to do it automatically through the mobile app (but not the web interface). 



Last Book I Finished: Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker (This link is to his Ted Talk)

Walker presents a compelling case for sleep as a the misunderstood aspect of our health, both physical and mental. With lots of data, he manages to make sleep studies and effects interesting. He covers most aspects of human health and how sleep is crucial to health in all areas. Most Americans are shortening their lives from disease or accident by getting too little sleep. I particularly enjoyed the sections on Alzheimer’s, hormones, cancer and aging.

This is a dense book and it took me awhile to get through it. (I checked in out of my library twice before buying it on Audible.) But I am glad I read it and it has made me prioritize sleep more.

Life Project: Still working on my Master's of Education in Instructional Design at Western Governor's University. I love the flexibility of working at my own pace and demonstrating my competence in an area to move on. I have finished about 2 classes a month of a 13 class program and am half way through my program! 

What we are eating today: Cauliflower Corn Chowder  I make it with GF flour and roast the cauliflower ahead. Yum. 
 
Related Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment