Thursday, June 3, 2021

Spring Snap Shot 2021


Life Hack: Last summer we spent a lot of time at the beach. I do play with the kids at the beach but I also get cold in the water much faster than they do, so I spend time on the shore. I am not comfortable reading a book while watching them, but it turns out audiobooks are the perfect solution. While you can subscribe and get a new book credit through Audible, the library has two streaming services: Hoopla, and  Libby/ Overdrive 



New Product I Love: I have been trying to drink enough water and True Citrus is my favorite way right now. Favorite flavors: Black Cherry Limeade and Mango Orangeade.


Last Book I Finished: Tokyo Ever After by Emiko Jean 3.5 stars
Last summer I started following Anne Bogel, blogger of the Modern Mrs. Darcy. She comes out with a reading guide every summer with recommendations from different genres that is bound to have something for (almost) everyone. My first read off this summer's list was a fun YA read reminiscent of The Princess Diaries. (In fact, for the first section of the book, it was so much like it, I was distracted by the comparisons.) Izumi stands out in her small California home. She loves her single mother, but knows nothing about her father until she accidentally comes across a poem written to her mother eighteen years ago. Upon digging, she realizes her father is the crown prince of Japan. Although her stateside life parallels Mia Thermopolis pretty closely, her life diverges as she goes to Japan to meet her father and adjusts to life in Japan. Not all of her extended family welcomes her with open arms and the culture is not always welcoming to outsiders. Izumi must learn to be a princess while still being true to herself (and the gorgeous bodyguard complicates things). 

Life Project: Nothing. We made it through a year of school at home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment