Friday, June 22, 2018

Circus Vargas


The circus is in town! I haven't been to the circus since I was a kid and that was a long time ago. This new and improved circus does not include animals, but all the classic human acts you remember. We won free tickets through a contest by Macaroni Kid! There are three shows Saturday (1, 4, and 7:30), three Sunday (12:30, 3:30 and 6:30) and one on Monday (6:30), so you still have time to go!

The show was 2 hours with a 15 minute intermission. The preshow started 30 minutes before the circus start time with activities for the kids to learn juggling, balancing and magic. There were all the foods you remember from the circus: popcorn, cotton candy, hotdogs and more.

The main event had a "Dreaming of Pirates" theme and started with music and dancing telling the story of a young man who wants to become a pirate. The storyline continues between acts (for time to set up). Acts included tight rope walkers, acrobats, a choreographed trampoline routine, contortionists, magic acts, juggling, trapeze artists, and motorcycles in a round cage (!). My kids were in awe and I thought it was pretty cool too. 


Prices are Adults: Bleacher $25, Arena $37, Ringside $57 and VIP $72; Kids Bleacher $15, Arena $27, Ringside $47 and VIP $62. I have two free kids passes (with a paid adult) to the first person who asks. 

I am including some of my photos, but there are better ones on the Circus Vargas website


Acrobats

Trampoline

Contortionists

Contortionists

Tightrope Walker

Flying Trapeze

Juggler

Contortionist/Gymnist

Motorcycles

Grand Finale






7 comments:

  1. This is me asking for the two free kids tickets. (And also what was the climate like inside?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just gave them to the Facebook poster who claimed first! Sorry!

      Delete
    2. I have 2 more! Do you still want them?

      Delete
    3. I am not sure if I replied correctly, but yes please to the two extra passes. We are going today.

      Delete
  2. Also it was warm and only about 2/3 full. They would raise the flaps to let cool air in but I can imagine it might get hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please to the two extra free kids passes if they are still available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can get them for you if you are interested in using the tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete