Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Hiking Packing List



After 7 hikes, we have a packing list for our hikes that seems to cover most situations. We all wear athletic shoes (walking) and pants (poison oak). I pack all the items here into a backpack for us. The kids carry their own packs for the treasures they find and MUST KEEP. I am not carrying rocks, people. On longer hikes where I want them to go to a certain point, I carry snacks as motivation. They have fairly healthy snacks usually, so this is the time for yogurt raisins or pretzels, bars, or fruity snacks. Whatever motivates them. A friend was recently telling me her family uses "motivation chocolate" for these occasions!

Athletic shoes
Pants
Water bottles
Wipes
Snacks
Hats
Sunblock
Kid Bags or Backpacks (for treasures found)

Other #MomLife Posts:
Road Tripping with Kids
Beach Tips with Kids
Hiking List with Kids
Travel Packing Lists

No comments:

Post a Comment