My friend Katie and I set out at 6:30am a bit after low tide (-.03 at 4:30am) on August 28. We started at the beach access point on Padaro Lane that I accidentally found in July. It feels a bit like you are trespassing to get in and out here, but it is legal. (I now refer to this as the Narnia Beach.)
![]() |
| Driveway at the Beach Access Sign |
![]() |
| Small Passage at the end of the driveway |
At the end of the narrow passage, the beach is gorgeous! There were amazing clouds on this day.
This is another place where there are homes right on the beach. The range of styles is diverse.
About this point, I realized I didn't turn on the Garmin, so this section is not measured very specifically. (Maybe I need one more walk?!) It picked up around Sandyland. The beach was beautiful and wide until we got the the large rocks near the Carpinteria Marsh. Here we had to do some serious wading and each got knocked down at least once! No pictures of that until the end because we didn't want our phones out.
Thanks to Katie for being up for the adventure and "wading" with me! It was 3 miles of unique beach (estimated)-- 79 km (49 miles) down!











No comments:
Post a Comment