Friday, June 5, 2020

Blackout Tuesday

I encountered this quote this week reading Small Great Things.

I shared earlier this week that my plan was to share a classic beach from our 2016 quest on Mondays, a nature walk on Walking Wednesday and a new lesser known beach on Fridays. Then as protests continued over the death of George Floyd, I felt the need to step back and give space for other voices to be heard this week. I am growing my knowledge and actions over these issues and am keeping a growing list of resources I have come across for me to go through. Feel free to reach out and suggest other resources. 

Follow:
@ibramxk
@hereweeread

Books to Read:
White Fragility by Robin Diangelo
Raising White Kids by Jennifer Harvey
Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
* Something Happened in Our Town (Picture Book appropriate for many kids) 
The Color of Compromise by Jemar Tisby 

Article's to Read: 

Podcasts:

Watch:
Just Mercy (Free in the month of June)
Racial Reconciliation Latasha Morrison
Systemic Racism Explained (Appropriate for Kids!)

Larger Resource Lists:

From FightforBreonna.org: Antiracism Recources
MOPS Resources to Fuel Change: https://blog.mops.org/resources-to-fuel-change/

No comments:

Post a Comment