Friday, June 1, 2018

Summer 2018 Quest



Summer approaches, y'all. It is time to share my 2018 quest. (Drum roll, please.)

This summer I will be sharing easy day trip activities from Santa Barbara. This is one I have wanted to do for years, but since I have no nappers, this feels like the summer for it. But this summer I am also moving and so I don't expect this to go smoothly. I like my quests now though so I have a fun goal and I will share what I have time to find. There is some overlap with previous posts on parks and hikes too. Here are my ideas:

Carpinteria
Tarpits Beach (tidepools)
Carpinteria Salt Marsh
Carpinteria Nature Preserve (Seal Viewing)
Tomol Park
Carpinteria State Beach
Canzelle Alpacas
Padaro Beach Grill (Summerland)

Beyond Carpinteria
Lake Casitas Water Park (Ojai)
Sky Zone
Golf N Stuff
Pump It Up
Playplace Pacific View Mall (Ventura)
Splash Pad at the Collection (Oxnard)
Chuck E Cheese (Ventura or Santa Maria)
Marina Park (Ventura)
Kellogg Park (Ventura)
Ventura Aquatic Center

Santa Ynez Valley
Knapp's Castle (off 154)
Riverview Park (Buellton)
Sunnyfields Park (Solvang)
Ostrichland (Buellton)
Quicksilver Miniature Horse Ranch
Santa Barbara Blueberries (Buellton)
The Farmstead (Buellton)
Noquoi Falls (Buellton)
Solvang
La Purissima Mission
Seein Spots Farm

Beyond the Valley 
Lompoc Aquatic Center
Santa Maria Discovery Museum
Avila Farm
SLO Creek Farms
Chuck E Cheese (Ventura or Santa Maria)

Did I miss anything? What would you add to my list of ideas?

Related posts: 2017 Summer of Hikes, 2016 Summer of the Beaches, 2015 Summer of the Parks,

2 comments:

  1. Seein Spots Farm in Solvang is very cute! The kids can brush the donkeys and goats.

    http://www.seeinspotsfarm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. La Purisma Mission in Lompoc is a good spot. The kids enjoy looking into all the rooms in the old buildings. There are also horses, donkeys, goats, pigs, chickens, and a longhorn bull. A nice kid sized hike too that leads to a beautiful view.

    ReplyDelete