Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Beach Walk 12: Santa Barbara Wharf, Harbor and Goleta Pier

 


Since the walks I have planned are not quite 50 miles in total, I walked all the public wharfs/piers/breakwater paths too! In truth, they did not add very much to the total, but more friends is more fun! These are all mid-day walks since the tides are no issue! 

On Monday July 13, I walked the Santa Barbara Wharf from the dolphin fountain to the end with my daughter E. We saw lots of tourists and sea gulls! It is .4 miles (.8 round trip) and was a quick add. 

On Thursday July 16, I walked the Goleta Pier solo. I spotted a few fishermen and not much else. This is only .3 miles. 


Goleta Pier looking at UCSB

On Thursday July 16, I met my friends Jane and Annie for a walk of the breakwater at the Harbor. Jane had even brought a birthday sash for our selfie. The tide does matter here are we came close to getting sprayed a few times. We walked the whole path and even made our way to the end of the plank path toward the end (it is narrower and doesn't go as far as it used to). This was just over .6 miles. 




Over all these added 1.3 miles to the total. Thanks to E, Jane and Annie for walking with me! This brings the total 28.5 miles (45 km). I met my goal and now I am headed for miles! 


Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment